Gregg R. Foos, MD, FACS, is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine, shoulder and knee arthroscopic surgery, and knee replacement. Dr. Foos joined Professional Orthopaedic Associates in 1996.
After completing his bachelor’s degree in biology and genetics at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, New York, Dr. Foos went on to earn his Doctor of Medicine degree from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. Thereafter, he finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, New Jersey, after which, Dr. Foos completed a sports medicine fellowship at Southern California Orthopedic Institute in Van Nuys, California.
Dr. Foos is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Foos enjoys sailing, cycling, and skiing.
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ
- Sports Medicine, Southern California Orthopedic Institute, Van Nuys, CA.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Specialty Board Certification
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Associate, National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Medicine of New Jersey
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Monmouth Medical Society
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Associate Professor, Monmouth Medical Center – Barnabas Health
- F & M Orthopedic Foundation Research Award
- New Jersey Monthly “Top Doctor” Award for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Scholar Athlete of the Year, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- "New Jersey Top Doctor" Award, 2017
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Knee Meniscal Surgery
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstruction
- Cartilage Preservation Procedures
- Corticosteroid Injections of the Knee and Shoulder
- Knee Rehabilitation
- Patellofemoral Knee Replacement
- Patellofemoral Reconstruction
- PRP Injections
- Rotator Cuff and Stabilization Rehabilitation
- Total Hip Arthroplasty/ Replacement
- Total Knee Arthroplasty/Reconstruction
- Unicompartmental Knee Replacement
- Monmouth University
- Georgian Court University
- Brookdale Community College
- Asbury Park High School
- Barnegat High School
- Holmdel High School
- Jackson High Schools
- Keansburg High School
- Lakewood High School
- Long Beach High School
- Matawan Regional High School
- Middletown High Schools
Monmouth Regional High School
Ocean Township High School
Raritan High School
Red Bank Catholic High School
Red Bank Regional High School
Rumson-Fair Haven High School
Shore Regional High School
St. Rose High School
Toms River High Schools
Cedar Stars Academy (Monmouth)
Thank you for choosing Professional Orthopaedic Associates, where we are dedicated to providing each patient with exceptional orthopaedic care. At every visit, you will be given the needed time for a complete evaluation and discussion of your condition.
As a courtesy to our patients, our highly trained specialists will verify insurance benefits before treatment. On your first visit, if requested, our staff will review those benefits with you so that any financial obligations will be known. Currently, we participate with Medicare. We accept most other insurances on an out-of-network basis. We also accept cash, personal check, and credit card.
To discuss your specific health insurance coverage, you may call our office at (732) 530-4949 and ask for your doctors’ billing and insurance specialist. We will be happy to contact your health insurance company on your behalf.