New Jersey Monthly magazine recently announced its 2019 Jersey Choice Top Doctors. Among the 1,085 Top Doctors selected were eight of Professional Orthopaedic Associates’ doctors. It is the seventh straight year that Drs. Harry Bade, Christopher Johnson, Brian Torpey, Gregg Foos,
Gregg R. Foos, MD, FAAOS
Areas of SpecialtySports Medicine, Shoulder & Knee Arthroscopic Surgery, Knee Replacement
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Foos, please click below.
Voted by his peers as one of 2020's NJ Top Docs
Gregg R. Foos, MD, FAAOS, is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in surgical and nonsurgical treatments for shoulder and knee injuries and conditions as well as sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, and knee replacement. Dr. Foos joined Professional Orthopaedic Associates in 1996.
After completing his bachelor’s degree in biology and genetics at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, New York, Dr. Foos earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. He then pursued an orthopaedic surgery residency at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, New Jersey. Following his residency, Dr. Foos underwent a sports medicine fellowship at Southern California Orthopedic Institute in Van Nuys, California.
With years of training and experience in orthopaedic surgery, Dr. Foos is an expert in shoulder, hip, and knee procedures. His expertise includes osteoarthritis, ACL injuries, rotator cuff injuries, partial and total knee replacement, hip replacement, cartilage preservation, corticosteroid injections, biologic therapy, shoulder stabilization procedures, and shoulder and knee rehabilitation as well as minimally invasive shoulder and knee procedures and reconstruction.
Dr. Foos is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Foos enjoys sailing, cycling, and skiing.
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ
- Sports Medicine, Southern California Orthopedic Institute, Van Nuys, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Specialty Board Certification
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Associate, National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Medicine of New Jersey
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Monmouth Medical Society
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Associate Professor, Monmouth Medical Center – Barnabas Health
- F & M Orthopedic Foundation Research Award
- New Jersey Monthly “Top Doctor” Award since 2013
- Scholar Athlete of the Year, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- "New Jersey Top Doctor" Award, 2017
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Knee Meniscal Surgery
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstruction
- Cartilage Preservation Procedures
- Corticosteroid Injections of the Knee and Shoulder
- Knee Rehabilitation
- Patellofemoral Knee Replacement
- Patellofemoral Reconstruction
- Rotator Cuff and Stabilization Rehabilitation
- Total Hip Arthroplasty/Replacement
- Total Knee Arthroplasty/Reconstruction
- Unicompartmental Knee Replacement
- Monmouth University
- Georgian Court University
- Brookdale Community College
- Asbury Park High School
- Holmdel High School
- Jackson High Schools
- Keansburg High School
- Lakewood High School
- Long Beach High School
- Matawan Regional High School
- Middletown High Schools
- Monmouth Regional High School
- Ocean Township High School
- Raritan High School
- Red Bank Catholic High School
- Red Bank Regional High School
- Rumson-Fair Haven High School
- Shore Regional High School
- St. Rose High School
- Toms River High Schools
- Cedar Stars Academy (Monmouth)
- CTR Soccer
- Sports City Extreme Speed School
Thank you for choosing Professional Orthopaedic Associates, where we are dedicated to providing each patient with exceptional orthopaedic care. At every visit, you will be given the needed time for a complete evaluation and discussion of your condition.
As a courtesy to our patients, our highly trained specialists will verify insurance benefits before treatment. On your first visit, if requested, our staff will review those benefits with you so that any financial obligations will be known. We accept other insurances on an out-of-network basis. We also accept cash, personal check, and credit card.
To discuss your specific health insurance coverage, you may call our office at (732) 530-4949 and ask for your doctors’ billing and insurance specialist. We will be happy to contact your health insurance company on your behalf.
“I have been a patient of Dr. Foos for many years, and he has been absolutely fabulous. I have had several surgeries with Dr. Foos but not this particular time.”
– Ruth Z.Patient Rating: