New Jersey Monthly magazine recently announced its 2019 Jersey Choice Top Doctors. Among the 1,085 Top Doctors selected were eight of Professional Orthopaedic Associates’ doctors. It is the seventh straight year that Drs. Harry Bade, Christopher Johnson, Brian Torpey, Gregg Foos,
Harry A. Bade, III, MD, FACS
Areas of SpecialtyShoulder, Knee, Hand, Wrist, Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, Joint Replacement
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Bade, please click below.
Voted by his peers as one of 2020's NJ Top Docs
Harry A. Bade, III, MD, FACS, is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in surgical and nonsurgical treatments for shoulder, knee, hand, and wrist conditions and injuries as well as sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, and joint replacement. Dr. Bade founded Professional Orthopaedic Associates in 1985.
After completing his bachelor’s degree at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Dr. Bade earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He continued his education and training at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York, with an internship and general surgery residency. After completing his residency, Dr. Bade underwent advanced fellowship training in shoulder and hand surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, New York, and a visiting fellowship in hand surgery at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York.
Through his extensive training and experience in orthopaedic surgery, Dr. Bade is an expert in knee, hip, and shoulder procedures. His expertise includes performing rotator cuff repair, labral tear repair, meniscal repair, ACL reconstruction, hand and wrist microsurgery, and total joint replacement of the knee, hip, and shoulder. He also performs ulnar collateral ligament surgery of the elbow and articular cartilage improvement surgeries of the knee.
Dr. Bade is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Bade enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, playing golf, and fishing.
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Shoulder and Hand Surgery, The Hospital of Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Hand Surgery, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Hand Replantation/Microsurgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Specialty Board Certification
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- North American Arthroscopy Association
- Delegate, American Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Society
- Athletic Trainers' Society of New Jersey Annual Recognition Award
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, New York Metro Area
- Golden Hands Award, Monmouth Medical Center for Surgical Excellence
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Instructor, Orthopaedic Residency Program, Monmouth Medical Center
- New Jersey Monthly “Top Doctor” Award since 2013
- Nicholas S. Ransohoff, M.D., Founders Award
- RHOL Orthopaedic Honoree, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, MMC
- “Top Surgeon,” Consumers’ Research Council of America, Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- "New Jersey Top Doctor" Award, 2015, 2017
- ACL Reconstruction
- Articular Cartilage Improvement Surgeries of the Knee
- Hand and Wrist Microsurgery
- Meniscus Repair
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Instability (Labral Tears)
- Total Joint Replacement of the Knee, Hip, and Shoulder
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Surgery of the Elbow
- Monmouth University
- Georgian Court University
- Brookdale Community College
- Asbury Park High School
- Holmdel High School
- Jackson High Schools
- Keansburg High School
- Lakewood High School
- Long Beach High School
- Matawan Regional High School
- Middletown High Schools
- Monmouth Regional High School
- Ocean Township High School
- Raritan High School
- Red Bank Catholic High School
- Red Bank Regional High School
- Rumson-Fair Haven High School
- Shore Regional High School
- St. Rose High School
- Toms River High Schools
- Cedar Stars Academy (Monmouth)
- CTR Soccer
- Sports City Extreme Speed School
Thank you for choosing Professional Orthopaedic Associates, where we are dedicated to providing each patient with exceptional orthopaedic care. At every visit, you will be given the needed time for a complete evaluation and discussion of your condition.
As a courtesy to our patients, our highly trained specialists will verify insurance benefits before treatment. On your first visit, if requested, our staff will review those benefits with you so that any financial obligations will be known. Currently, we participate with Medicare. We accept most other insurances on an out-of-network basis. We also accept cash, personal check, and credit card.
To discuss your specific health insurance coverage, you may call our office at (732) 530-4949 and ask for your doctors’ billing and insurance specialist. We will be happy to contact your health insurance company on your behalf.
“Dear Dr. Bade, Thank you for the tremendous skill you did in performing my operations. Surgeons like you are not just doctors, but real lifesavers. God bless you.”
– Anna F.Patient Rating: