Jason D. Cohen, MD, FACS, is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in back, neck, and spine. Dr. Cohen joined Professional Orthopaedic Associates in 2000.
After completing his bachelor's degree in biology at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania, Dr. Cohen went on to complete his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York. Thereafter, he underwent internship and residency training in general surgery and orthopaedic surgery at Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health in Long Branch, New Jersey. After finishing his residency, Dr. Cohen completed his fellowship training in spinal surgery at the Maryland Spine and Scoliosis Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Cohen is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Cohen enjoys racecar driving, playing golf, skiing, and cycling.
- Lafayette College, Easton, PA
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- General Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health, Long Branch, NJ
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health, Long Branch, NJ
Spinal Surgery, Maryland Spine and Scoliosis Center, Baltimore, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Drexel University
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Monmouth Medical Center, Resident Teaching, Scoliosis Clinic
- Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Orthopaedic Residence Education, Monmouth Medical Center for 2003, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2016
- Golden Hands Award for Teaching Residents, Monmouth Medical Center for 2004
- Golden Hands Award for Excellence in Orthopaedic Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center for 2013
- Monmouth Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Performance Committee
- National Republican Physician’s Advisory Board
- New Jersey Monthly “Top Doctor” Award for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- "New Jersey Top Doctor" Award, 2017
Treatment of spinal disorders, including spinal surgery, herniated discs, reconstructive surgery, sciatica, scoliosis, and degenerative disorders