Jason D. Cohen, MD, FACS, is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in back, neck, and spine. Dr. Cohen joined Professional Orthopaedic Associates in 2000.
After completing his bachelor's degree in biology at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania, Dr. Cohen went on to complete his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York. Thereafter, he underwent internship and residency training in general surgery and orthopaedic surgery at Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health in Long Branch, New Jersey. After finishing his residency, Dr. Cohen completed his fellowship training in spinal surgery at the Maryland Spine and Scoliosis Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Cohen is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Cohen enjoys race car driving, playing golf, skiing, and cycling.
- Lafayette College, Easton, PA
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- General Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health, Long Branch, NJ
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health, Long Branch, NJ
Spinal Surgery, Maryland Spine and Scoliosis Center, Baltimore, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Drexel University
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Monmouth Medical Center, Resident Teaching, Scoliosis Clinic
- Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center - Barnabas Health
- Golden Apple Award, Monmouth Medical Center for Best Teaching of Residents
- Golden Hands Award, Monmouth Medical Center for Teaching Residents
- Monmouth Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Performance Committee
- National Republican Physician’s Advisory Board
- New Jersey Monthly “Top Doctor” Award for 2013, 2014, 2015
Treatment of spinal disorders, including spinal surgery, herniated discs, reconstructive surgery, sciatica, scoliosis, and degenerative disorders
“Dear Dr. Cohen and Staff,
I had to write and thank you for giving me back my LIFE! I feel excellent and I am doing some of the things I love to do. When I came to you I was quite desperate and worried about my future. It's not just my job (teaching 2nd grade) that was in jeopardy, it was my livelihood. I have a teenager and two young children to care for, as well as an active sporting life that I was not ready to give up. From my first visit, you and everyone there (Marilyn and Adrienne especially) were so kind and understanding. Out you were always available to answer my questions and ease my concerns. Thank you again!” – Toni F.