Harry A. Bade, III, MD, FACS, is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder, knee, hand, wrist, sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, and joint replacement. Dr. Bade founded Professional Orthopaedic Associates in 1985.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Dr. Bade earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
He then completed both his internship and general surgery residency training at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York. After completing his residency, Dr. Bade underwent advanced fellowship training in shoulder and hand surgery at the Hospital of Special Surgery in New York, New York, and a visiting fellowship in hand surgery at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York.
Dr. Bade is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Bade enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, playing golf, and fishing.
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Shoulder and Hand Surgery, The Hospital of Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Hand Surgery, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Specialty Board Certification
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- North American Arthroscopy Association
- Delegate, American Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Society
- Athletic Trainers' Society of New Jersey Annual Recognition Award
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, New York Metro Area
- Golden Hands Award, Monmouth Medical Center for Surgical Excellence
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Instructor, Orthopaedic Residency Program, Monmouth Medical Center
- New Jersey Monthly “Top Doctor” Award for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Nicholas S. Ransohoff, M.D., Founders Award
- RHOL Orthopaedic Honoree, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, MMC
- “Top Surgeon,” Consumers’ Research Council of America, Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- "New Jersey Top Doctor" Award, 2015, 2017
- ACL Reconstruction
- Articular Cartilage Improvement Surgeries of the Knee
- Hand and Wrist Microsurgery
- Meniscus Repair
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Instability (Labral Tears)
- Total Joint Replacement of the Knee, Hip, and Shoulder
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Surgery of the Elbow
- Monmouth University
- Georgian Court University
- Brookdale Community College
- Asbury Park High School
- Barnegat High School
- Holmdel High School
- Jackson High Schools
- Keansburg High School
- Lakewood High School
- Long Beach High School
- Matawan Regional High School
- Middletown High Schools
- Monmouth Regional High School
- Ocean Township High School
- Raritan High School
- Red Bank Catholic High School
- Red Bank Regional High School
- Rumson-Fair Haven High School
- Shore Regional High School
- St. Rose High School
Toms River High Schools
Cedar Stars Academy (Monmouth)
Thank you for choosing Professional Orthopaedic Associates, where we are dedicated to providing each patient with exceptional orthopaedic care. At every visit, you will be given the needed time for a complete evaluation and discussion of your condition.
As a courtesy to our patients, our highly trained specialists will verify insurance benefits before treatment. On your first visit, if requested, our staff will review those benefits with you so that any financial obligations will be known. Currently, we participate with Medicare. We accept most other insurances on an out-of-network basis. We also accept cash, personal check, and credit card.
To discuss your specific health insurance coverage, you may call our office at (732) 530-4949 and ask for your doctors’ billing and insurance specialist. We will be happy to contact your health insurance company on your behalf.