New Jersey Monthly magazine recently announced its 2019 Jersey Choice Top Doctors. Among the 1,085 Top Doctors selected were eight of Professional Orthopaedic Associates’ doctors. It is the seventh straight year that Drs. Harry Bade, Christopher Johnson, Brian Torpey, Gregg Foos,
Harry A. Bade, III, MD, FACS
Areas of SpecialtyShoulder, Knee, Hand, Wrist, Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, Joint Replacement
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Bade, please click below.
776 Shrewsbury Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
1430 Hooper Avenue
Toms River, NJ 08753
303 West Main Street
Freehold, NJ 07728
Voted by his peers as one of 2020's NJ Top Docs
Harry A. Bade, III, MD, FACS, is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder, knee, hand, wrist, sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, and joint replacement. Dr. Bade founded Professional Orthopaedic Associates in 1985.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Dr. Bade earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
He then completed both his internship and general surgery residency training at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York. After completing his residency, Dr. Bade underwent advanced fellowship training in shoulder and hand surgery at the Hospital of Special Surgery in New York, New York, and a visiting fellowship in hand surgery at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York.
Dr. Bade is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Bade enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, playing golf, and fishing.
Dr. Bade is available to see patients at our Tinton Falls, Toms River, and Freehold offices.
Education & Training
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Shoulder and Hand Surgery, The Hospital of Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Hand Surgery, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Hand Replantation/Microsurgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Specialty Board Certification
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- North American Arthroscopy Association
- Delegate, American Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Society
- Athletic Trainers' Society of New Jersey Annual Recognition Award
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, New York Metro Area
- Golden Hands Award, Monmouth Medical Center for Surgical Excellence
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Instructor, Orthopaedic Residency Program, Monmouth Medical Center
- New Jersey Monthly “Top Doctor” Award since 2013
- Nicholas S. Ransohoff, M.D., Founders Award
- RHOL Orthopaedic Honoree, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, MMC
- “Top Surgeon,” Consumers’ Research Council of America, Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- "New Jersey Top Doctor" Award, 2015, 2017
- ACL Reconstruction
- Articular Cartilage Improvement Surgeries of the Knee
- Hand and Wrist Microsurgery
- Meniscus Repair
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Instability (Labral Tears)
- Total Joint Replacement of the Knee, Hip, and Shoulder
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Surgery of the Elbow
- Monmouth University
- Georgian Court University
- Brookdale Community College
- Asbury Park High School
- Holmdel High School
- Jackson High Schools
- Keansburg High School
- Lakewood High School
- Long Beach High School
- Matawan Regional High School
- Middletown High Schools
- Monmouth Regional High School
- Ocean Township High School
- Raritan High School
- Red Bank Catholic High School
- Red Bank Regional High School
- Rumson-Fair Haven High School
- Shore Regional High School
- St. Rose High School
- Toms River High Schools
- Cedar Stars Academy (Monmouth)
- CTR Soccer
- Sports City Extreme Speed School
Billing & Insurance
Thank you for choosing Professional Orthopaedic Associates, where we are dedicated to providing each patient with exceptional orthopaedic care. At every visit, you will be given the needed time for a complete evaluation and discussion of your condition.
As a courtesy to our patients, our highly trained specialists will verify insurance benefits before treatment. On your first visit, if requested, our staff will review those benefits with you so that any financial obligations will be known. Currently, we participate with Medicare. We accept most other insurances on an out-of-network basis. We also accept cash, personal check, and credit card.
To discuss your specific health insurance coverage, you may call our office at (732) 530-4949 and ask for your doctors’ billing and insurance specialist. We will be happy to contact your health insurance company on your behalf.
Eight Professional Orthopaedic Associates Doctors Recognized by New Jersey Monthly as Top Doctors for Seventh Straight Year
Professional Orthopaedic Associates’ Doctors Recognized as Top Doctors by New Jersey Monthly for Sixth Straight Year
The doctors at Professional Orthopaedic Associates were named Jersey Choice Top Doctors for 2018 by New Jersey Monthly magazine. For Drs. Harry Bade, Christopher Johnson, Brian Torpey, Gregg Foos, David Gentile, Jason Cohen, Glenn Gabisan, and Mark Gesell, this is their sixth
Professional Orthopaedic Associates Doctors Selected for Best of Tinton Falls Awards for the 11th Year in a Row
Our doctors at Professional Orthopaedic Associates received the 2018 Best of Tinton Falls Awards for Physicians & Surgeons. This is the eleventh year in a row that our doctors have been selected for this award.
Presented by the Tinton Falls Awards Program, this award focuses on the
For the fifth consecutive year, the surgeons at Professional Orthopaedic Associates were named Top Doctors of 2017 by New Jersey Monthly Magazine. The award is based on peer election, and only 4% of the 23,000+ nominees received this prestigious honor.
The Tinton Falls Awards Program has selected our doctors for the 2015 Best of Tinton Falls Awards for Physicians & Surgeons for the eighth year in a row! This award is given to exceptional businesses that contribute to making Tinton Falls a great place to live, work, play, and most of all
Professional Orthopaedic Associates, with locations in Tinton Falls, Toms River and Freehold, has been providing specialized orthopaedic care to area residents for 30 years.
“Thirty years ago, we began Professional Orthopaedic Associates with the commitment to making world-class
Our very own Dr. Harry A. Bade, III, Sports Medicine Surgeon, contributed to an article by NJ.com about the rise of the Tommy John surgical procedure. Dr. Bade explains the increased number of cases of this elbow surgery, named after the former L.A. Dodger's pitcher, Tommy John, is due to
For the second consecutive year, the surgeons at Professional Orthopaedic Associates were named Top Doctors of 2014 by New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
The recovery time from a knee replacement procedure varies for each patient based on the patient’s overall health, type of procedure, and activity level prior to surgery.
When the procedure is complete and patients have returned home, they must commit to an extensive rehabilitation
“Dear Dr. Bade, Thank you for the tremendous skill you did in performing my operations. Surgeons like you are not just doctors, but real lifesavers. God bless you.”
– Anna F.Patient Rating: